Women Inspiring Action & Transforming Lives
The Soroptimist International Southern Africa Network (SISAN) is made up of Soroptimist clubs and National Associations in the Southern African Development Community (SADC). Currently SISAN has clubs in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Seychelles, Malawi, Tanzania and Uganda but is aiming to establish clubs in all the SADC countries.
SISAN has a vision of Soroptimist International being well known in SADC because there are many active clubs in all the countries in the Region which impact positively on the lives of women and girls through EDUCATION, EMPOWERMENT AND ENABLEMENT initiatives.
SISAN’s role is to promote the Mission and Vision of Soroptimist International by:
- facilitating information sharing and effective communication within the Network
- forming links with appropriate governmental and non-governmental organisations
- demonstrating, supporting and sharing the adoption of best practice
- co-ordinating Programme Action according to Federation and Network recommendations
- promoting joint working amongst Clubs to maximize impact
- supporting and, where appropriate, leading the implementation of Federation and Network initiatives
- providing development and training opportunities
- supporting the recruitment and retention of members in existing Clubs and the formation of new Clubs
- working to ensure effective communication between Federation, Federation staff, Clubs and members on all policies, procedures and guidance to facilitate good understanding and practice